SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Andersen Sash Balance 11600-17

A home owner from Erial, NJ says:
Hi,

I'm trying to repair an old Andersen window where the sash balancer has failed.

I've removed the balancers. I'm trying to find part numbers but the metal is tarnished (discolored) and the numbers are difficult to read.

What I've attached pictures.

It appears to me the part numbers are 11600-17.
The windows is double hung and the lower glass pane measures 28 1/2 wide by 14 high.
I figure it's about 25 years old.

I also see a number stamped on both balancers:

BJ9 5#23 3-87

I need the left and right balancers.

Thanks
Mike
User submitted image of Andersen sash balance 11600-17
Profile picture of Donna
Donna from SWISCO responded:
Hi Mike,
Thanks for posting with photos and great detail.

Choose 24-531, Andersen Sash Balance. These balances can be used left and right.
A home owner from Erial, NJ says:
Thanks for the quick reply!

Mike
A home owner from Massapequa, New York says:
Hello,

I too have Anderson Windows that are about 25 years old and I need to replace the sash balancers. The only number that I see stamped on the originals is 11600-17. Can I also use the 24-531?

Thank you!

Gary
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
I'm afraid that the 11600-17 stamp doesn't correspond to anything. There should be more stamps on the balance. Let me know what they are and we can recommend something!
Thanks Tom for getting back to me so fast. Upon further review, I can barely read the bumber 627 stamped on the very edge of the flange and bent by the staple. In looking at the website, I believe that item number 24-637 should be the replacement. Is this correct?

Thanks again. Gary
Profile picture of Donna
Donna from SWISCO responded:
Hi Gary,
Yes, the 24-637 will replace a balancer box with the number 627 stamped on it.
Thank you!!
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)