SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Andersen Sash Balance - 11600-A-3, 11600-17, 784-696

A handy person from silver spring maryland says:
I need a replacement balance for my Andersen double hung windows. Each window has 24" by 24" of visible glass. Numbers on the old balance are : 11600-A-3, 11600-17, and a third numbe on the tab that is hard to make out: 784-696 (not sure of the first digit).
What replacement part should I orderA?
Roland

Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Good afternoon, Roland. Thank you for posting.

Could you submit a few quick photos of your balance so we can take a look? Be sure to detailed photos of the stamped information on the balance.
A handy person from Maryland says:
Here are the photos. It is hard to see the stamped info, but I think you can make it out.
User submitted photo of Andersen Sash Balance 11600A-3
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
There should be markings on the other side of the balance. If so, take a few pictures of the opposite side and upload them so we can check it out.
A quick learner from Maryland says:
I have attached the image from the other side of the sash balance. It has another number on
it (11600-17) which I included with my original inquiry.

Thanks for your help.
User submitted photo of Andersen Sash Balance 11600A-3 back side
Profile picture of Donna
Donna from SWISCO responded:
OK here we go,
according to the given information we were able to determine the needed balance replacement is 24-737, Andersen Window Balance

Thanks for your patience and please let us know how you make out.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)