SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Andersen Screen Spline

A home owner from Johns Island, SC says:
Good afternoon. I would like to order some spline for my Anderson window screens. They are 3' x 6' Anderson Double Hung Standard windows built in Oct. 1983. The screen bar total width is 1" approx. but not counting the spline slot they are 3/4" wide. The spline now in them and it may not be original from Anderson is hollow rubber 7/32" (.2188)approx. and has 13-14 cogs.. I am not sure if the rubber would be best or the foam 59-250 or 59-270. Would you please advise me so I can place an order. I will be rescreening 12 windows.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Many service people have successfully used our 59-250 foam screen spline for older Andersen window screens.
A quick learner from Highlands, nj says:
Hi, we have Anderson Screens from the mid 1980's. The most common is #2852. They currently have what appears to be old ridgid vinyl splines that curled up when I removed them. Do you have replacement spline that will be easier to work with? There are nine that need replacing they are approximately 63" long and range from 26 to 32 inches wide.

Thanks in advance!
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
I also have Andersen screens on my house from the 1980's and have used the 59-250 foam screen spline to re screen them.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)