SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Andersen Window Balance

A quick learner from Omaha says:
I am looking to replace an Andersen Window Balance.
The information on the existing is the following:

BB 4 10 60 (hard to read the last number, it could also be 66)

Please help me find the right replacement part. Thanks.
Please see attached photo.
User submitted a photo of a window balance.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
I'm having trouble finding this balance. Can you confirm those stamps? It may even be better to take a detailed picture of each stamp so we can see them. Sometimes seeing how the numbers are printed is as important as the numbers themselves.

Could you also give me the height and width of the visible glass? Thanks!
Here is a more detail picture. The numbers appear to be the date when the balance was manufactured 4/19/1960. The size of the visible glass is 33 1/2 x 32. Please help!

User submitted a photo of a window balance.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Perfect! With a stamp of 4 19, I recommend our 24-431.
Thank you for your response. The balance you recommended (24-431) has a flange on one end and no holes for screws in the main body of the balance. Therefore I am not sure that it would work for my application. Please comment.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
I'm afraid Andersen does not design balances without the flange anymore. If your old balances do not have them, you would have to dremel out space for it in the frame. I apologize for the inconvenience.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)