SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Andersen Window - Balancer Replacement

A handy person from Davenport, Iowa says:
I have a couple of double hung Andersen windows where the sash balancer strings have broke. My house was built in 1990 and retains original windows. I want to make sure I order the right replacement sash balancers.

I exposed one existing sash balancer and found the following two strings of numbers stamped on the box cover. 11600-17 and S28 1027 10-88 The etched numbers on the window pane included, II(or 11), 88/, and XI. (Hard to read but this is what I believe was etched into the glass.)

The second window is almost identical in size. I did not expose the sash balancer. The etched numbers on the window pane included, MC,89-1, and XI. I'm under the assumption that sash balancers in this window would be identical to that contained in the first window.

I'm guessing I need the order the 1027 sash balancer since that matches one of the numbers found on the existing unit but wanted to confirm before ordering.

Kirk
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting, Kirk! I agree, the 24-1033 Andersen sash balance seems like a good place to start. It can be used to replace balance boxes with the stamp 1027.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)