Andersen Window Mullion Clips

A handy person from Chesterland,Ohio says:
My home,built in 1979 with Anderson double hung windows,has mullions attached to the inside of the sash with plastic clips. These clips keep breaking and I'm trying to find some replacement clip that may work. Anderson says they no longer stock this item. I would accept any replacement that may work even though they may require modification of the sash or clip. Would appreciate any suggestions you may offer.
User submitted picture of Andersen window mullion clips.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting. Before we can offer an applicable solution, can you please confirm the dimensions of your clip? See the picture below for the measurements I will need. Thank you!
A SWISCO example of measurements needed.
A handy person from Chesterland,Ohio says:
Per your request, the larger dimension shown is 7/8 inch; the smaller dimension requested is 1/2 inch. These are accurate measurements. Note that the protruding dowel portion of the clip is at about a 30-degree angle relative to the other portion of the clip.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for your patience in this matter. Unfortunately, we were unable to find an exact replacement for this clip. Please take a look at 55-159 7/8" wide grid clip to see if it might work for you. i apologize for the inconvenience.
Reply to Thread
* Mandatory fields
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
55-159 : 7/8
55-159
Price: $1.35
7/8" Grid Clip