Andersen awning vent hinge 39-539

A home owner from Trinidad and Tobago says:
Good day,
I want to install the Andersen Awning vent hinge product code 39-539. The original vent hinges were held on to the vent arm by a rivet. I would like to know if I buy a drill attachment that can pull rivets would be suitable to install a 3/16" inch rivet? I bought a manual rivet gun but I don't have the strength in my hands to squeeze that rivet. It takes a a good couple of tries to install the rivet by squeezing the rivet gun. What do you think? Is buying the attachment to the drill that can pull rivets a good idea? It is almost impossible to hire anyone to do this job so it means doing it yourself.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
I have used a pop rivet gun to attach 3/16" diameter rivets. It can a little tough squeezing the handle, however I would just grin and bear it. I don't know of an attachment you can install on a drill to make the job easier. One thought would to use two pipes, maybe about 12" long, to go over the handles. Making the handles longer could give you better leverage.
A quick learner says:
Thanks for responding. I find that is especially clever about making the handles longer. I will definitely try it.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.