Andersen balances

A home owner from USA says:
Good morning,

I could not find my Anderson balance identification # on your website for the replacement one I needed.

The number stamped on my balance is J5 5#23 684. Would you have any suggestions of one I could use instead if my number is not available?

the measurements of my balance in case one needs to match it up with another model #.

My balance measures 6 5/16" long. With flange it measures just under 6 7/8" long. It measures 3" wide. And measures 3/4" thick.

Thanks,
Curt
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Certainly! Check out our 24-531. This can replace Andersen balance boxes with the stamp 5#23.
A quick learner from Columbia, IL says:
Another on-line window balance company suggested a Narrowline 731 balance. Any reason you suggested the 241-531?

Curt
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
I recommend the 24-531 because it is the official Andersen replacement for balances with the 5#23 stamp. The others that the 24-531 can replace are 5#19, 5#25, and 5#31. I'm not sure why the other company suggested what they suggested.

I could confirm if you'd like, though. What is the approximate size of the visible glass on the bottom sash?
A quick learner from Columbia, IL says:
the glass measures 27.5 wide by 16 high
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Ahh, I can see why the other company suggested the other model, then. That window size usually corresponds to our 24-737. It's possible that your 5#23 balance was improperly chosen in the first place.

You might want to contact the original installers and ask them why they chose the 5#24. There may be a reason we don't know about. Otherwise, for that size window, our 24-737 may be a better choice.
How to replace an Andersen Window Balance
How to replace an Andersen Window Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
Andersen's Narroline Sash Balances
Andersen's Narroline Sash Balances
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.