SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Andersen casement hardware

A handy person from CT says:
Need bronze crank handles and one operator for Andersen casement window with glass dimensions 19.5"wide and 43" high. Cannot determine whether I need vintage handle with long or short shank. Please help.

Do you sell sash? Need new sash for casement window 15.5' WIDE x 35" HIGH. How do I determine whether this is 1945 - 1974 series or 1974-1989 series. Please help
A user submited photo of window operator
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for posting, and for the pictures! Now, there are a few things that this operator could be. However, I can't really tell based on the images provided. I would need to see what the end of the arm looks like. If at all possible, please upload a few pictures of the end of the operator arm for me to see.

Also look at our 39-150 & 39-151 Andersen straight arm operators with 8-3/8" arms, as well as our 39-094 & 39-095 Andersen operators with 9-3/8" arms. Do either of these match your hardware?

In the meantime, please take a look through our Selection of Andersen Window Operator Hardware to see if you can find something that matches, as well.

Unfortunately, we do not sell window sashes.

A quick learner from CT says:
Here are photos of end of operator arm as requested.

Here is also a photo of back of operator showing number 7191.2

Looks like the 39-094 operator.

Looks like the 39-286 handle.

Thanks for your help.
A customer submitted photo of an operator attachment.
Profile picture of Tom
Thanks for getting back to us. You're right, that operator end makes it look like one of either our 39-151 & 39-150 pair, or our 39-095 & 39-094 pair. You say you think it's the 39-094--does that mean that your arm is 9-3/8"? All you need to do at this point is match the dimensions to whatever is closest, and you should be good to go!
A quick learner from CT says:
Thank you Tom. Yes. Arm is 9&3/8" so it must be your part 39094.

Looks like I need a 39-286 handle to go with this operator. Any disagreement there?
Profile picture of Tom
No, I think you're on the money with that. Our 39-286 Casement Window Handle fits our Andersen operators.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)