SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Andersen casement window hinge 7168-20

A handy person from Kinnelon, NJ says:
Greetings ...
Attached is a photo of the lower hinge for what I believe is an Anderson caesment window which is hinged on the left from the interior and opens on the right. The end to end length of the slide is 11 1/8" and has the number 7168-20 on it.

The sliding hinge measures 4 3/8 from the point of attachment of the sliding plastic piece to the pivot and 6 1/4 from the pivot to the center of the end hole.

If you can supply these I need both a right and left hand set.
User submitted photo of their lower hinge of their Anderson casement window.
Profile picture of Donna
Donna from SWISCO responded:
We need the CIG number engraved in the glass and measurement of glass that you see.
This will give us the date of manufacture and actual size of window.
A handy person from NJ says:
Attached is a photo fo the Glass Id. It appears to be 2-88. The sash measures 23 x 71 inches.
User submitted photo of the tag on their Andersen window glass.
Profile picture of Mike
Mike from SWISCO responded:
Sorry for the delay. We are still waiting on official word from Andersen. I did speak to a local contractor who repairs a lot of Andersen windows and he said that our 36-013-10 hinge would work but its not an easy installation (it would require a little bit of customization). He also believes that Andersen has discontinued this hinge and that their replacement is not exactly the same and would also require a little customization during the installation process. Moving forward, we are still awaiting a reply from Andersen, and will let you know what we learn.
A handy person from NJ says:
Are these right and left hinges or are they top and bottom? I'll wait for Anderson's word before ordering.

Profile picture of Mike
Mike from SWISCO responded:
The 36-013-10 set is sold in pairs, left and right.
A home owner from Wisconsin says:
DId 36-013-10 work? I need exactly the same hinge, and cant find an exact replacement.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)