Andersen crank operator with stamps 3 A C-9400 1B and F 9400 - 8 A

A home owner says:
I have a crank that has different numbers. They are 3 A C-9400 1B on the top. And F 9400 - 8 A on bottom. I need to find a crank with those numbers.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

I have found two stamps on the 39-264 Andersen crank window operator. The stamp on the front of the crank operator (very hard to see) is C-9400A-1 and the stamp on the back of the crank operator is F-9400-8A.

The stamp of C-9400A-1 on the front of the 39-264 window operator.
The stamp of C-9400A-1 on the front of the 39-264 window operator.

The stamp of F-9400-8A on the back of the 39-264 window operator.
The stamp of F-9400-8A on the back of the 39-264 window operator.

A home owner from new york says:
Hi,
I,m looking for the same exact part. Can you help me locate one. I don't know where to go. Home Depot has a different model and doesn,t fit. Please help me. Thank you. Sincerely; Frank
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
The part shown above is the Swisco 39-264.

Is this the part you're referring to?
A quick learner from West Chester, PA says:
I have the same F-9400-8A part.
Accordingly to the Anderson catalogs, an adaptor plate is required to use your part 39-264 with my window.

See andersen catalog pages show the same newer crank used as on the older windows but part 9050723 is required. The profile of the older crank is different and the new part won't fit without this adaptor.

Do you sell this adaptor plate?

thanks,
Peter
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:
Peter, we are currently in the processing of adding this part to our online catalog. We will post an update as soon as the part is online and available for you to view.
A quick learner from New York says:
I am also looking for that part. Please keep me up to date when this part becomes available.

Thank you,

Ericka
A handy person from NJ says:
Hello Donna:

Has F-9400-8A part been added to you catalog?

Thanks.

Juan.
Profile picture of Tom
Just a quick update on this new product:

We are currently awaiting the arrival of the adapter plates. When the product arrives at our facility we will list the hardware online and post an update to this discussion immediately.

Thank you everyone for your patience.
A quick learner from New York says:
Looking for the same replacement part with adapter plate....
A friend from Cochise,County,Arizona says:
I need this very same part.F-9400-8A Do you have it in stock? Or do i have to order it? Can't open the window now.Did i mention i live in Arizona? Please help.
Profile picture of Tom
This part has not arrived yet. Andersen is very slow when it comes to replacement parts for their windows. The new part should be available midway through July.
A quick learner from Cochise,County,Arizona says:
Oh-no.I just ordered Andersen split crank arm 39-264.The Diagram shown seems to have all the same dimensions (I measured them with a ruler.) Is there any reason why this part will not work with my window?,if it dosen't,can i exchange for the right part? Thanks for responding.
Profile picture of Tom
The operator is the correct operator, but you will need the adapter plate if your Andersen Perma-Shield Enhanced casement window was manufactured between 1995 to 1998.
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:
The adapter plate is now available, please see SWISCO product code 39-362, Andersen Casement Window Operator Adapter Plate.
A quick learner from Fort Wayne says:
I need to replace C-9400 1B. Is 39-264 the right replaement part? Do I also need the Adapter plate #39-362?

Thank you!
Profile picture of Tom
The first post states the 39-264 is stamped with C-9400A-1 on the font and F-9400-8A on the back.
A quick learner from Fort Wayne says:
This is the part I need to replace. What part do I need to purchase? Thank you
User submitted photo of window operator.
A quick learner says:
I asked the question, but did not receive a "YES, this is the right part." Do I need the adapter they were talking about?
Profile picture of Tom
Did you take a look at the 39-264 Split Arm Crank?
Profile picture of Tom
You will need the 39-362 Adapter Plate if your Andersen Perma-Shield Enhanced casement window was manufactured between 1995 to 1998.
A home owner from Wisconsin says:
We have Anderson casement windows and I am looking to change out all the gear/cranks because they are giving us problems, about 16 years old. I'm not sure what part(s) to order and I took one off so see the number stamped on it. It is C-9400-1A
Can you help with the correct replacement parts?
I took a picture of it and the measurements are approximate.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting! I have placed you in an existing thread concerning the C-9400-1A. As suggested above, please look at our 39-264 Andersen split arm crank. Do you think this matches your hardware?
Connecting a casement window operator to stud bracket
Connecting a casement window operator to stud bracket
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.