SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Andersen (?) door glazing

A home owner from indiana says:
I am sending you pics of the comparison of my old weather stripping and Swisco's
58-194. My old stripping has a flat leaf and the 58-194 has a slight curvature. I was told that my windows are Andersen but I could not find the Andersen logo in the lower corner. I have sent a pic of the window without stripping, pic of the 58-194 in the grove. When the 58-194 is in the grove the window will not close.
Thank you in advance for anything you can do to help me. I am returning 23 to the 24 strips I ordered. Pic 7 is 58-194 in the grove. Other pics show my old stripping is on the left and your 58-104 is on the right.
User submitted photos of snap-in glazing.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
I'm surprised the 58-194 didn't work. The shape appears almost identical, aside from the angle of that top piece. Sometimes weatherseal becomes misshapen or warped over time, but that wouldn't have any bearing on how well the new sample functions. Could our 55-183 be a better fit?
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)