SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Andersen operator hook

A handy person from Londonderry, NH says:
I ordered the Velux one that looked like this but it is to small, Do you have the Andersen version?
User submitted photos of a skylight operator hook.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting. Are you sure you have an Andersen skylight operator? I don't think they have one in this style. I think it's more likely that you have an earlier version of the Velux skylight operator and the newer handle version does not fit. Could you send us some pictures of the operator itself? That will help us confirm one way or the other.
A handy person from NH says:
here is the picture of the closer you requested
User submitted photos of a skylight operator.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Thank you. Yes, this is a Velux skylight. I don't think you want Andersen hardware, it probably wouldn't work. I would also wager that you have the older Velux operator that isn't made anymore. They used to make it so that the operator had the male component and the hook had the female, but for some reason they changed this design to be the other way around. You may need to replace the operator entirely to use with our 39-551. See our 39-405.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)