SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Andersen screen latches

A quick learner from Basking Ridge NJ says:
I am looking for replacements for Andersen screen latches (wing blades), Andersen Part Number 1693417. I looked at the measurements of your latch 70-174, which is smaller than the latched I have on my screen. Can you please let me know the right part I need to buy and how much it costs.

Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for posting, Babu. I'm afraid that I do not know what screen latches you need. I was not able to cross-reference that serial number with anything definitive. Could you perhaps send a few pictures of your existing latches for me to see? Could you also give me detailed dimensions? Thank you!
A home owner from Basking Ridge, NJ says:

I have enclosed two photographs and one sketch (with rough dimensions) of the window screen screen latches/wing blades/screen clips. These are used to hold the screen in position, so that it will not fall out.

It looks similar to 70-174 on your website, but the dimensions (on your website) are smaller that what we have. There was a mention of a 70-172 on the forum, but I could not get its dimensions. I will appreciate your help in obtaining the correct part. Also, if you have instructions for replacement, please send them to me.

User submitted photos of screen latches.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for the additional information and images, Babu. You might want to look at our 70-187 clips. Do these look like possible replacements?

As for installing them, you can take a look at the video below. This might help you shed some insight. Unfortunately, there is no real easy way to install these. You will just have to be patient and persistent.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)