SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Andersen window sash

A home owner from Maryland says:
This is an Andersen double hung window manufactured in 1989 according the window decal.I want to have the replacement parts before I disassemble the window. The window decal also has a circle under the Andersen Triangle with a XI in it. Can you recommend the proper part from this info?
Thanks
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting. Are you looking for the replacement balances for this window? If so, I will try my best to help. You describe a triangular logo with an "X1" in it. That usually indicates glass made by Libby-Owens-Ford glass company for Andersen. I can't be 100% sure, but I think you might have the Narrowline series double hung window made in 1989. Can you confirm?

If so, please tell me the size of the visible glass (height x width) and I will do my best to find a good replacement balance.
A home owner from Maryland says:
The window is 24"h x 32 1/4"w. I was able to gain access to the balance and am attaching a picture. It is stapled to toe frame so some of the ID is obscured.
I think it is a BR_ _ 1188.
User submitted a photo of a window balance.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
It's difficult to read the numbers on your balance box. Based on your glass dimensions, though, our 24-939 might be what you want. Carefully look over your balance and see if you see a stamp that reads "927," "931," "937," or "939." If so, then the 24-939 is what you want!
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)