SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Anderson Sash Balance

A home owner from Wisconsin says:
Hello-

I also need to replace the sash balances on some Anderson windows, approx. from 1990. It is stamped 11600-17.

The other info on the balance is 11600A-3
and 3335-455

I do not see any other serial numbers. Any replacement parts?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Hmm... I'm not sure about this one. Can you take a few pictures of the stamps? Sometimes seeing how the numbers are printed is as important as the numbers themselves. Please also give me the height and width of the visible glass, that might help us find a good match.
A home owner from Wisconsin says:
Very hard to take a picture as the numbers are just etched into the body of the balance. The balance is basically 6.75" wide and 2.75" (approx.) height. Windows are thermopane 3/8 inch thick. Glass for top and bottom sash is 29" wide by 28 1/2" length. That is for glass only. I tried to get one from a window store has a 331 number at bottom of sash balance. It fits nicely, but does not hold up the top sash.
User submitted photos of an Andersen window balance.
Profile picture of Tom
Thank you. The key stamp appears to be printed on the tab, but I can't make it out. I can sort of see what may be a 9, but it's hard to tell. Is there any way you can take a clearer picture of the number printed on the tab? Thanks!
A home owner from wisconsin says:
My goodness do you have sharp eyes. I was just going to write that there are no numbers on the tab, I run a pencil along it and...931 is on the tab also there appears to be a 4 - 0. Good catch!
Profile picture of Tom
Practice makes perfect! I stare at these balances all day long, so little variances like that stick out. I recommend our 24-939, which can replace Andersen balances marked with 931.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)