SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Anderson Spindle Pulls Out

A quick learner from NJ says:
Problem is window will open but not close. The spindle backs out of the housing while not pulling the window shut. Need help.
User submitted a photo of a window operator.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Good morning! Looks like your gears are stripped. That spindle is not supposed to come out, you see. You're going to have to replace the entire operator. Check out our Selection of Andersen Casement Window Operators and see if anything here could work for you.

A quick learner from NJ says:
Can you tell by the photo which opener I need. The window is hinged on the left side looking out.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Unfortunately, I cannot determine what you have based on the above image. I can see the base, but that only tells half the story. I cannot see the arms or how they connect to the window. In order to determine what you have, I would need to see the entire operator, preferably removed from the window.
A quick learner from Cranford, NJ says:
Here are 2 new photos of the Anderson Windowsill crank that I need. Can you help me?
A customer submitted image of their Andersen operators.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Perfect, thank you. Check out our 39-094 and 39-095 and see how well they match up. Looks like you have a white cover, too, so check out our 39-154, which comes in white.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)