SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Anderson double hung sash balance

A contractor from Sugar Grove Illinois says:
Need help identifying the proper sash replacement balance. Numbers stamped on my part do not seem to match those shown on your site. Hopefully i am missing something.
Thanks!!
User submitted photos of an Andersen window balance.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
I believe you have our 24-13L and 24-13R Andersen balances. To confirm, can you please measure the height and width of the visible glass for both the top and bottom sashes? They should measure approximately 32-7/16" wide and 33-15/16" high. If not, give me your sizes and we can work from there.
A contractor from Sugar Grove Illinois says:
Hi Paul,
Thanks for the quick response! I have two window units in need of parts the photos provided showed one sash balance from each. Both units are double hung. Visible glass of each is as follows:

Unit 1- aprox 32x24 over 32x24
Unit 2- aprox 32x34 over 32x34

Thanks again for your help. I use SWISCO as a vendor for many of your products and refer you to fellow tradesmen and homeowners alike.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thank you! For Unit 1, I recommend our 24-939, and for Unit 2 I recommend 24-13L and 24-13R.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)