SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Anderson sash balance

A quick learner from easton,md. says:
I need 4 Anderson sash balances for 2 windows in my garage.I had the balances replaced in the other 2 windows 2 years ago and kept one old one to order new ones if necessary in the future and the future is now.The old balance does not look like the ones you have for sale now in as much as mine is rectangular in shape and doesn't have a flange on one end for 2 screws as the new ones do.

The old balance measures 6 5/8 inches length wise and 2 7/8 inches width wise and 3/4 inch thick.

There are numbers one side of the sash as follows:
S5 1031 296

Also on the same side across from the above numbers is this number:
11600R-2

On the other side of the balance is the number:
11600B-3

I assume I need something on the order of balance 1031 but I don't think it would fit because of the flange on the new ones. Please advise.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting. The key number here is "1031," as you mentioned, which is replaced by our 24-1033. Andersen doesn't make balances without the tab, so you will need to dremel space out for it in order to install it.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)