SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Anderson window operator parts

A quick learner from Wichita Ks says:
Need to know if you have these in left and right hand. Thanks Gary
User submitted photo of their Anderson C-9400-1 crank operator.
The stamp on the operator is C-9400-1
Profile picture of Mike
Mike from SWISCO responded:
Good Morning,

I believe the replacement you need is our 39-264, which is not an exact replacement. Your original operator has been discontinued and the 39-264 is the suggested replacement.

See these this similar discussions regarding this topic... The 39-264 is not handed, you can use it as a right or left handed operator. Note, that the 39-264 does not come with a cover or a handle. You can either try to reuse your old cover and handle or purchase new ones. See 39-152 for the cover and 39-286 for the handle. Note: I am not sure if your older style cover would work on this new style operator. Your older crank handle should work fine (as long as it is in working condition still).
A quick learner from WICHITA KS says:
Hello,
You are correct, Andersen discontinued the 1361399 casement operators. Andersen suggest using 39-264, Andersen Split-Arm Casement Operator for Andersen Perma-Shield Enhanced casement windows 1995 through 1998.

Can i use this instead? Thanks
Profile picture of Mike
Mike from SWISCO responded:
I just learned a lot about this really confusing Andersen operator situation.

If your Andersen Perma-Shield Enhanced casement window was manufactured between 1995 to 1998 you will need to replace your operator with the 39-264 with an adapter plate. The adapter plate is not available yet. The plate should be available for purchase in the next week or two. Note: the adapter plate is available, see part 39-362

If your window was made after 1998 you will not need the adapter plate.
Profile picture of Donna
Donna from SWISCO responded:
The adapter plate is now available, please see SWISCO product code 39-362, Andersen Casement Window Operator Adapter Plate.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)