SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Anderson windows 95-98?

A landlord from grafton oh says:
The other casement anderson windows in the house are from 95-98. This particular part has no numbers at all. There is a round hole at the bottom of the crank that the arm went into and the round piece of steel is now sheared off. the arm can no longer be attached to the crank.
User submitted photos of a window operator.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Ah, I recognize this operator. I'm not sure if we have an exact replacement, unfortunately. You might want to consider our 39-014 used with our 39-505. Let me know what you think.
A landlord from grafton says:
Hi Dave,

I'm still trying to track down the right part for this. The 39-014 crank arm is over an inch shorter than the one I took off. Are you suggesting the 39-505 to replace the existing track to compensate for the different arm length? I am not concerned if the window does not open all the way, as long as it closes. thanks. Kris.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
I recommend replacing the track on your window because the new style operator has a smaller bearing at the end of the arm. From your photo, it looks like your end bearing is larger on your operator arm. As for the arm length, the 39-014 is the longest they make now. I don't think a difference of one inch will be that much of an issue, though. Not as much as the end bearing.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)