SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Arcadia Model 102-2 Door

A home owner from California says:
I'd like to order new roller assemblies for my doors, but when I measured my roller they are not an exact match for either of the two that you have. Mine are 2 3/4" in length, 1 11/16" width, 1 1/4" width near the screw, 3/4" depth, and with a 1 3/4" wheel. So some dimensions match each of your two models. I'm thinking either would actually work, but do you have any advice?

My doors (6 of them) say Arcadia Model 102-2 on the inside of the top frame. I'm attaching a few pictures.

User submitted photos of a sliding door roller.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting! I see what you mean. Your dimensions are just a little different. Between the 81-074 and 81-134, I think the 81-134 might be the better choice, because the back of the housing where the adjusting screw is located is taller than that of the 81-074.
A home owner from Sunnyvale, California says:

I have the same model door. Did the 81-134 work or did you have to go with a different option?

A professional from California says:
The important dimension is the little shark fin shaped piece. That's where the roller fits tight.
Also, the rivets on this roller are always in the way and need to be filed down or removed and replaced with an axle of the exact width of the slot in the door.
A home owner from Portland Oregon says:
I also have the Arcadia Model 102-2. 81-074 is actually the closer fit. the 18-134 is 1 7/8 from the top to the bottom, I needed 1 5/8. I did not realize this until grinding off the rivets and finding that the wheel did not seat correctly. At that point I had nothing to lose so took my sawsall and free hand cut the two pieces a 1/4 inch down in a vise. A bit of a hack job but the door now operates!
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)