SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Arcadia glass sliding patio doors from around the 1960s.

A quick learner from USA says:
I have Arcadia glass sliding doors (two slides and two stationary) total of 4 making glass wall.
The metal sill the glass doors slide on has deteriorated from ?? acid ?when they laid the ceramic tile. The entire sill has to be replaced.The architect's drawing says:
TOTAL LENGTH OF 4 PARTS =
ARCADIA "172" 1/4" POL.PL
11'-10 13/16
Also the threshold or sill is 4" &3/4"
Lower part door slides is 2 &2/4 "
The part that is raised is 2 " total of 4&3/4 "
???Does anyone know how I can get replacement
part for the threshold (sill) and the
locking latches and pull handles
Thanks
Laverna
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
I don't believe your Arcadia track from 1960 is still available. We do carry the 80-105 patio door rail, but the longest we have is 96". You would need to piece these together to get the length you need. You could also see if you can find any Arcadia dealers in your area, if any are still around. They may have old tracks lying around that you could take off their hands. That said, between you and me, I think it might be time for a new patio door. You might be better off since newer patio doors would be better insulated and you would save on heat and air conditioning. It's up to you, though. If you can track down the old track, it may be worth the hunt.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)