SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Are 70-019 and 70-118 hangars related?

A quick learner from Glendora says:
Hello,
I just received some screen hangers and am seeing that the male and female don't slot together. The slot on the female is too small and the hook on the male is too large. On the page, it appears that they logically should mate. There is no reference to the hook dimensions. I suppose I could grind the hooks, but should I be reducing the strength like that?
Please advise.
Thank you
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for contacting us! Actually, the 70-019 screen hanger and 70-118 male hanger are not related. The 70-019 actually works with the 70-158 and 70-157 screen hangers. That said, you might want to look at our 70-201 and 70-202 screen hanger kits. Do you think that these might work better?

A contractor from Glendora says:
I don't think the top hangers(201/202) will work in this case. The wood screens are mounted with the outside face flush to the flat casing on the exterior of the window. The home is from 1887 and I'm just trying to match what is there and these appeared to be similar.

How are the 70-019 meant to be installed. On the top of the head jamb? And the 157-158's? Top of frame? I'm just not putting them together.

I've attached some quick drawings to hopefully clarify the existing condition
A customer submitted illustration of their brackets.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
I'm not quite sure what would be best for you--this is a very old house! The only other option I can think of is our 70-056 hanger kit used with our 70-004 pull-ring with screen groove. These can be installed on the inside of the brick moulding. This hanger kit is also relatively easy to install. Do you think that might work better?
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)