SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Are the 95-022 holes threaded?

A home owner from Lancaster, PA says:
Are the holes shown on this item (95-022) threaded? I have old aluminum storm windows probably from the 1950s or 1960s, and the corners are attached by small screws. What is the height from the corner to the center of the hole?
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
The 95-022 has a small 3/32 screw hole. It is not threaded. I recommend using a #4 diameter screw, similar to the 33-084 but shorter, possibly 1/4" long. As for the location of the hole, it is 3/16" from the end of the corner and It 7/8" from the 90 degree elbow of the corner.
A home owner from Lancaster, pa says:
It looks like the height, width, and screw size match what I need, but the center of the hole is only about 1/2" from the bend. I may order some anyway and see if I can make it work, because this is the closest one I've found. Thanks
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Ah, I see. I'm afraid I haven't been able to find that kind of hole spacing either. Please let us know how it works out!
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)