SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Are there LH and RH versions of 95-015?

A quick learner from Iowa City says:
Perhaps I'm not looking at the site properly, but I don't see LH and RH versions of the tilt corner key 95-015. It has the right dimensions, but the keys I am replacing are not identical on the two sides.

I'm posting a picture of the old broken tilt corner key, with dimensions. As you can see, the thickness of the top bar is 5/32", while the thickness of the side bar is only 3/32". The difference is not centered, as the red arrow shows the overhang on one side (the opposite side is flush). This is what makes me think I need LH and RH keys. Is your part number 95-015 the same thickness (5/32") on both the top bar and the side bar?

User submitted a photo of a corner key.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Hey, Dan. The 95-015 is non-handed, which means it works for both the left and right hand sides, but I don't think it will work for you anyway. Both legs have the same width and thickness while yours does not.

See our 95-103 and 95-104, instead. As you can see, each leg is a different thickness, though they have the same width. They're just a little different than yours. Can you confirm your measurements? The most important dimensions are the thickness and width of each leg. I'm not exactly sure what your diagram is showing, as you have a lot of arrows pointing to a lot of different portions. See our own dimensions and let me know how they match up.

A quick learner from Iowa City says:
Hi Tom,
Thanks for your reply. I re-measured the dimensions with calipers, and found that I mis-labeled the height of the horizontal arm (it should be 3/16", not 5/16"), and the width of the vertical arm (it should also be 3/16", not 5/16"). So I believe the 95-015 really is the closest. The only difference I can see between mine and the 95-015 is the thickness of the vertical arm, which is 3/32" on mine, with the step up (indicated by the red arrow), up to 5/32" thickness of the top horizontal arm. I think I will order the 95-015s, and use a file and Dremel to trim down the vertical arm.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)