Arm length on Hope operator

A quick learner from Oakland CA says:
We have old Hope operators in a 1950's house. The arm measurement is 9.5" rather than 9", measured as you show in the diagram. Will yours work OK on our windows (i.e., just shorter swing-out)? The crank on ours is not centered on the base, but offset a bit. Is that also OK? The 4-1/8" screw mount mounting measurement is what I have.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
To be honest, the 39-353 and the 39-354 are the only operators currently made to work in place of the older Hope operators. I believe with the shorter arm, it might not open up as far as the original, but that would be it. All and all it should work as a good substitute.
Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.