SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Armaclad storm door hardware

A quick learner from Annandale, VA says:
The handle on my storm door needs to be replaced. It was listed as the JD handle in black. I would ideally like to replace all the hardware I have pictured, however I mostly need the interior and exterior door handles. They do not always operate well and I cannot open the door. I will also accept the deadbolt and latch if available.

The Armaclad door is the full self-storing.
User submitted photos of storm door hardware.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Please look at our 40-152 storm door handle and the 40-039 dead bolt lock. These could fit the dimensions that you need for your door, but go over them to confirm. I believe the hardware you show in your photo is an older style that is no longer made.
A home owner from Alexandria, VA says:
I have the same Armaclad hardware as shown in the images from "A Quick Learner," however my storm door is only a little more than 7/8" thick. Do you have a suitable replacement handle (and lock) for this?
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Yes, these lock sets can be used for thinner doors. The 40-152 comes with different spindle lengths and the 40-039 comes with a break off spindle. I have used both on my storm doors at home which are only 1" thick. The video on the right hand side of this page shows the 40-039 installed on a 1" door.
A quick learner from Alexandria, VA says:
Excellent. I will take a look at these two options and submit an order to Swisco later today. Many thanks for the prompt and very helpful response!
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)