SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Help replacing an original roller for an old house

A contractor from Honolulu Hawaii says:
Trying to revive 4 sets sliding bypass doors from / for 1950's house. The new architect wants to keep the original architect's design intact. Original is V. Ossipoff a famous Hawaii Architect.

These sliding door wheels are installed on large glass doors 96w x 114h, the wheels are unadjustable but the frames rake can be adjusted for plumbness with a screw on each corner. the wheels housing have a pair of hooks pinched to 9/16 wide that hold frame together with the external screw. The top of these frames have a rubber wheel ( 1 9/16 x 3/8 ) at the top also due for replacement.

No marking, numbers, or labels anywhere on these doors. Can provide more detailed pictures if needed.
User submitted photos of a patio door roller.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting. I don't think we're going to have this bottom roller, as it is very old. You may want to look over our 81-074 and 81-134 and see if you can use either of these as a substitute. As for the top roller, how is it attached to the door?
A quick learner says:
I appreciate the response. I'm all for retrofitting an existing wheel, but on the ones you show the screw is for adjustment and on mine it holds the frame together. How do I overcome this.
The top wheel is held by the same style bracket just cut down with wheel sticking out top and it also holds frame together.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thank you again for your patience in this matter. The only other solution we have been able to come up with is possibly retro-fitting the 81-023 housing. As for the top wheel, I'm afraid we have been unable to find an exact match. You can see if you can use something from our patio door wheel section, but I don't know how well any of these would work.

I am sorry we cannot be of more help.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)