Atrium Door nylon adjuster lever

A home owner from USA says:
I have an older (25 yrs) "The Atrium Door" brand screen door that has a broken nylon adjuster lever (internal to the door) and broken spring wheel.

I think I found the steel wheel in the 84-006S, but I don't see a replacement adjuster assembly. From the products on your website, it looks like I may have to take the corner apart to replace the assembly. Do you have such a replacement assembly? How would I go about finding one? Do you have instructions on how to replace a corner bracket adjuster if that's what is in there
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
It's hard to say which part to recommend for you patio screen door. I would like to see your roller, corner or both out of the door, including dimensions. Hopefully the parts for your door are still available, but I won't be able to tell without seeing your hardware. If they're not, maybe we can recommend a substitute.
A quick learner from Massachusetts says:
I took some pictures, but I haven't taken the corner apart until I know if I can find the parts. I think the channel is 1" or 1-1/16" where the corner bracket will fit into it. Measured from the outside it appears to be 1-1/8". The steel roller measures 1" (possibly 15/16"). In the picture you can see the broken nylon lever that adjusts the wheels. If there is an alternate part that fits into the opening underneath, maybe that will work?
Thanks for your help.
Bob
User submitted photos of patio door hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
In situations like this, I've seen many service people use our 84-031 roller and 84-506 adjusting screw instead of taking the door apart. They enlarge the hole where the old roller pin was with a 1/8" drill bit and then screw in the adjusting screw just enough to stick in the cut out out for the wheel. After that, you would install the 84-031 roller and have it catch the screw tip in the spring hole. Do you think this method could work for you?
A quick learner from Massachusetts says:
I like your solution and it might have worked for some screen profiles, but not this one. I'm not sure if you can see it in the photo, but the screen channel is directly above the hole - mostly blocking it from above. I don't think that solution will work because the screw would be blocked by the screen channel.

Do you need any additional measurements to see if there is a solution?
Thanks,
Bob
User submitted photos of window hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
In that case, you may want to consider replacing the whole thing with a corner wheel assembly like our 84-011 or 84-026.
How to repair a spring roller on a sliding screen door
How to repair a spring roller on a sliding screen door
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.