SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Atrium Window Channel Balances

A home owner from Indian Wells, CA 92210 says:
I have several Atrium windows that need new channel balances. I suspect that the existing balances are Caldwell series 86. Perhaps you can confirm this using the stenciled information on the channel which is: 86 32-5 IA5 CMC 2. If you can identify these can you please provide your comparable part number and the window weight range applicable to this balance? Although, there is a "32" in the stenciled information on the balance the metal part of the balance channel does measure 33". The S385-33 seems to be a match but the weight option escapes me. If necessary, I suppose I can weigh a sash.

Thank you.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
I'm afraid I cannot confirm if the Series 385 is a match. All the stamp tells us is how much weight the balance can support. If you can confirm that the Series 385 is what you have, then I would recommend the S385-33 with a 3250 option.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)