Atrium series 3201 window broken part.

A home owner from Louisville Ky says:
Part broken is white plastic piece in photo with pencil markings.part is connected to tension spring
User submitted a photo of window hardware.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
I'm not sure what this is, though I know it's a pivot shoe. Could you show us an undamaged version, perhaps from the other side of the window?
Attached photo shows undamaged part on opposite side of window. Part is attached tospring that assists raising window. Hope this helps.
User submitted a photo of a pivot shoe.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Huh, that's actually different than I was expecting. I'm somewhat reminded of our Series 140 coil balance system, but I'm not sure. There are a few stylistic differences that make me hesitate to suggest it. The shoe for this balance system is our 15-215, which is 1-1/4" wide and 9/16" deep. I don't know if the 15-215 can work with your old balance cover and springs, though. If it could work, you may want to consider a new Series 140 system altogether.

If you aren't sure that the Series 140 can work at all, or if it's a different size than what you have, then I would like to see a picture of your entire balance system out of the window. I would also need to know the width and thickness.
Spring and shoe assembly
Coil assemly
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Huh, this is kind of a weird system. The coil springs on your balance system look like our Series 160 spring, which is compatible with our 15-111 pivot shoe. That said, your springs won't work with the 15-215 pivot shoe, which closely resembles what you have in your picture. Plus, your spring housing looks similar to our 15-086, which works with an entirely different system. In other words, your balance is a kind of Frankenstein of coil spring parts. It's got a little bit of everything.

We may still be able to help, but I would like to see a picture of the pivot bar that fits into your pivot shoe. That way we can find a compatible pivot shoe that may work a little better with the spring. Also, can you see any numbers stamped on your springs? That would tell us how strong they are.
How to replace a window coil balance
How to replace a window coil balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.