SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Atrium window: casement crank handle?

A distributor from Anywhere says:
I have a customer with atrium windows missing one of these handles. I thought these were Anderson windows at first Glance so I took the info I had: (house built in 1995 and bright brass hardware I was able to cross eliminate & get a handle mailed to me. Unfortunately it was wrong the angle & thickness did not allow full rotation. Anyhow I need to know if I can get this part again the only info I have is its an atrium window built in 1995 bright brass in color thanks I have included a picture.

Chris
User submitted a photo of a window operator.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
It's hard to say what you have based on this picture alone. Do you know the size of the spline? If not, can I see a picture of the spline on the operator itself (with the handle removed, of course). I would also like to see the inside of the handle. Thanks!
A contractor from Mill Valley CA says:
Hi,I have a customer with the exact same crank handle in the photo that is broken. I am looking for replacements. I believe the spline is 5/16. On the end of the handle it says "The Atrium Window". I have included a few photos.
The handle is so short, that a replacement Truth Hardware handle hits the window sill. The hardware that moves the window out says Truth on it.
Thanks for any help!
User submitted photos of a window operator.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Can you confirm that the spline size is 5/16", and not 11/16"? 5/16" is relatively uncommon and not used by Truth, while 11/32" is. Is there any possible way we can see the operator itself? That will be a huge help in finding the right part.
A contractor from Mill Valley, CA says:
I'm going over there today, I'll take some pictures of the operator too.
I'm sure that if you say that the sizing would be 11/32, that it must be. The operator arm definitely says Truth on it.
Profile picture of Tom
Thanks! Let me know. Also check the spline just in case. Always better to know for sure, in case the original installers did something weird. It's been known to happen!
Attached are two more photos. I'm sure that the spline is 11/32.
User submitted photos of a window operator.
Profile picture of Tom
Thanks! If your spline is 11/32", then I think our 39-114, 39-114L, and 39-205 could all work. We also have the 39-338, which is an 11/32" spline extension. This may help keep the handles further from the sill, which may be a problem looking at your setup.
Thank you for the help Tom, I ordered two handles today...
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)