Awning Window Repair

A quick learner from Warwick, RI says:
I have a back porch with awning windows that are about 40 years old. Wear and tear are taking it's toll. On one window the stud liftine the hook lock is broken off and the hook on the left hand side does not lift in place to close and lock the window. Is there a replacement arm with the stud on the right hand side available. I do not know who manufactured the window. The standard crank used is 39025 or 026 which I've purchased from your company before. There are no label on the winows that I can see. If I have to I'll take one out to see if any takgs are inside. Regards, Paul
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
Paul, the studs are riveted at the factory before the window frame is assembled. I don't believe you can repair it after the fact. You can possibly try a machine screw and nut to make up the stud.
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.