SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Awning Window Winders

A home owner from Waukesha, WI says:
I need "full case and operator" parts for four almond colored awning styled vinyl windows. The original manufacturers were Ellison Doors and Windows. The windows are from the 'Series 900/950' line. Ellison has discontinued the windows that I had installed.

The manufacture date is 12/31/2003. My sales order number is 01787345. The warranty numbers are 09269184, 09269188, 09269191 and 09269192.

The winders are located at the bottom of the window and swing open with the opening at the bottom with the hinges at the top of the window.

I can turn the winders to open the windows but I have to pull the windows closed.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for posting. Sounds like the part you're looking for is the awning window operator. Could I see a few pictures of it? Please make sure to open the window as far as it can go before you take your pictures, as we need to see both the operator base and arms. It would be even better if you can remove it entirely. Thanks!
I have attached a couple of pictures to this message. Hopefully, you can help find the part for my four windows. Thank you.
User submitted photos of a window operator.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Thank you. Take a look at our 39-083 and see if this could possibly work with your sample.
I ordered one of the 39-083 replacement parts and installed it. It fits perfectly! I will order the remaining three that I need soon.

Thank you for you help. Very nice to get this problem off of my list of things to do.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)