SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Awning operator

A home owner from Somerset, MA says:
We have a Bristol replacement window. The crank came off as well as a piece from within. It looks like a round nut with four indentations on the top. We tried putting it back together but doesn't seem to go back. Not sure what the issue is if we need a new part or what. Hoping you can help us. Our local window retailer suggested we see if we could find something on this website. We see the crank but not the piece from inside.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Could you show us a couple picture of the hardware in question? I'd like to see the round nut in addition to the whole operator. There's a good chance you won't be able to get away replacing the small piece, and will likely need a new operator entirely.
A home owner from Somerset, MA says:
I am trying to sent pictures again. Hope this goes thru. We have Bristol windows and this is a picture of the parts.
User submitted photos of a window operator.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for the additional information! It looks like the worm gear has come out of the operator. I'm afraid this cannot be replaced or repaired; you will need a new operator entirely. I would be happy to recommend something, but I will need to see a picture of the operator out of the window.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)