SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Awning operator identification

A home owner from USA says:
center to center on the holes, 7 7/8 inch. over all length is 8 5/8 inches.
User submitted image of their window hardware.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Please see our 39-405 Velux skylight operators. This looks like it could be a possible match.
A home owner from nh says:
Well, it looks like it to me, but I can't really tell. Is there any other way we could be certain? I mean I'd gladly purchase it if I can be sure that this is the right mechanism. The house was built in 1981 and I believe it was put in then, but I can't seem to find any marks or numbers on the skylight itself.
Are there any other ways to photo it so we can be sure, or are we certain that this is it?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
I'm afraid with older hardware like yours, there's no way to be 100% certain. The 39-405 is definitely our closest match, but Velux has a history of changing their design a lot over the years. I've known the 39-405 to replace older operators without much issue, but I've known others who had to retrofit the newer style. Go over the dimensions we show for this part and see if they're the same. If the hole spacing is different, then it will likely not work without some measure of adaptation. You may also need a new handle, the different types of which you can see related on the 39-405 store page.

All that said, the 39-405 is currently the only skylight operator available for Velux.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)