SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Awning operator with flush bracket?

A quick learner from Danville il says:
We have the awning operator on and it fits great on my larger window but if I put the brackets on the bottom of the sash (the only way it fits) ) it's no longer horizontal with the operator and catches the window sill ? Wondering if there is a different bracket that fits flush? If I figure this out for this window I can order more:) thx Dana
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for contacting us. If possible, I would like to see some photos of the problem you are having, along with the hardware you are trying to replace. I have a good sense of what you're trying to describe, but there are so many different windows that all behave similarly, so I think it would be best if we can see what you have before we recommend anything. Thanks!
A quick learner from Danville Il says:
I've figured out how to place the brackets on the wood frame. When I try to crank it all the way closed it doesn't quite clear the wood frame. I can maybe make adjustments for that but there's no more room to crank the window in, meaning it's at the end of its bar the metal "rim/stopper doesn't allow it. Does this mean I have the wrong size? It's so very close to pulling tight( maybe 1/8 of an inch. I sent the old hardware pic also.
User submitted photos of window hardware.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
It looks like you may have an operator like our 39-389, with 15" arms. It seems the arm at the end has bottomed out on both sides. Could it be you need an operator with shorter arms? The 39-390 is made for narrower windows like yours seems to be. See what you think.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)