SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Awning window crank mechanism

A quick learner says:
Our home was built in 1958 (I think) and has the original awning Windows. Three of our crank mechanisms need to be replaced and I am not sure what to order. I have attached 3 photos. There is an ID inside the housing that says 1 RH.

Can you help? Thanks so much!

User submitted photos of a window operator.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting, Alison. Could you show us some photos of the body of this operator? Specifically, I need a picture that will clearly show the mounting hole positions. Please also provide me your measurements of the mounting hole spacing. That would help us identify the operator.
A quick learner from Atlanta says:
Thank you for your response. The mounting holes are 5 1/4" apart. Attached are pictures. Thank you!
User submitted a photo of a window operator.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thank you! We still can't see the top hole (or holes, as the case may be), so I can't say for sure. I pulled up a few possible operator replacements, which you can see on the right side of this page.
A quick learner from Atlanta says:
Thanks for the suggestions. I was thinking the 39-194..
What hardware will I need?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Are you referring to installation hardware? You should be able to re-use your old screws, but if not then consider our 33-081.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)