Awning window cranks

A handy person from Hawaii says:
My operator is very close in dimension to 39-026 except the bottom mounting holes are 1 1/8" center to center, and the arm length is 2 1/8". Slight differences both. The length is exact.
How would the arm length difference affect operation? Is there a better fit with another model? I can't find one. The original is 10 years old, made in the USA. No manufacturer or model number. The windows are aluminum and I believe manufactured in the Philadelphia area.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
The 39-026 operator was popular in the Philadelphia area. The bottom holes on the 39-026 are 1-3/16", which is only 1/16" off from yours. If it is a problem when you mount it to your window, you could drill the holes out to be a little larger in the casing. That should give you a little more wiggle room. As for the arm difference, I don't think any adaptation would be necessary. You should have enough travel to make up the difference in length.
A quick learner from Honolulu says:
Thanks for your reply. I will do as you advise.
How to Replace an Awning Window Operator [1080p]
How to Replace an Awning Window Operator [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.