Awning window extension kit

A home owner from Redding, Connecticut says:
I have two Andersen awning windows with operators similar to your 39-343. Andersen used to make an extension kit which had an extension piece to add to the operator arm and a longer bar for it to ride on. They have discontinued the part. Do you possibly have any in stock? Thanks
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
We would be happy to research this for you, please respond with an image of your current Andersen window hardware.
A home owner from Redding, Connecticut says:
The item I am looking for is an extension to the operator arm and a longer bar to mount on the window allowing for a larger opening. If you don't have that item, can you suggest a replacement operator that will open the window further than the stock opener? These are new 400 series Andersen windows.

Thanks for your help.

John Anderson

Customer photo of their Andersen awning window operator.
Profile picture of Tom
Can you please give us the visible glass size, length of operator arm and length of travel arm on the window?
A home owner from Redding, CT says:
I have two windows: 55 1/4"x31 3/4", operator arm is approx 9", the travel bar is 8 1/2" from elbow to elbow (the travel area) and about 9 1/2" overall. The second window is 26 3/4x20 1/4 with the same operator arm and travel bar. I only have about 3" to the right of the travel bar on the smaller window so I may not be able to mount a longer bar depending on the size.
A home owner from redding, ct says:
I have two windows: one is 55 1/4 x 31 3/4 and the other is 26 3/4 x 20 1/4. Both have operator arms of ± 9" and travel bars of 8 1/2" elbow to elbow or about 9 1/2" overall. The smaller window only has about 3" to the right of the current travel arm so an extension may not fit depending on the size.
Profile picture of Tom
Andersen has informed us that the hinge will stop the window from opening any further, making a bracket or arm replacement unnecessary.
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.