SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Awning window part lock system

A handy person from Portland, OR 97203 says:
I have salvaged a very large window and hung it with hinges at the top, so the window swings out. I'm looking for some type of stay that can lock it the window and hold it open. Something like a bar lock system. But it needs to be sturdy to be able to manage the weight of the large window. I'm not too picky about how far the window can stay open, but anywhere between 8-14" would be great. Do you have anything?

Thanks
Chris
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Hey Chris thanks for posting. Our hardware is usually meant to replace specific systems, so for unique projects like this it's hard to say what you can use. That said, check out our 20-018. Is this something you may be able to adapt?
A home owner from Portland, OR 97203 says:
Dave,

Thanks for the reply. I actually think your suggestion will work just great. Then I can just add a swivel lock at the bottom. Perfect. I'm going to order those up.

Thanks
Chris
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)