SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

BSI Channel Balance

A quick learner from California says:
I took it apart again. The only thing stamped on it says 2730EE then BSI.

I don't see a A, B or C on it anywhere.

Here is a picture of it.

A user submited photo of window channel balance
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting. Before I can offer an applicable replacement for this channel balance, I just need to know a bit more information about the bottom attachment. Please take a look at our 15-004 and 15-005 channel balance shoes, and note their depths. As you can see, they are 1-3/32" deep and 1" deep, respectively. Which one more closely matches your own bottom attachment?

Then, please look at our 19-002 and 19-005. These two top attachments have the same dimensions save for one feature: the wings. Does your top attachment have wings or not?

Once we know that, we can determine what Series channel balance you have, and we can work from there!
A quick learner says:
I am going to say shoe 15-005. mine is 1" deep.

My top attachment has no wings.

Please see attached photos.

Are you going to correct my order?
A customer submitted photo of channel balance attachments.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thank you. In that case, your balance will have to be custom made. Before I can, though, can you give me the length of the metal channel? Do not include the plastic attachments in your measurements.

You mention your order--I see you have already placed an order for an S800-29 channel balance. Would you like us to cancel this?
A quick learner says:
Hi Paul, Ok I took it apart again. The only thing stamped on it says 2730EE then BSI. I don’t see a A, B or C on it anywhere. Here is a picture of it.
A user submited photo of window channel balance
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)