SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

BSI channel balances

A contractor from Florida says:
I need to replace channel balances on some larger insulated windows. The channels are hemmed and 24" long. The markings on it are 2306 with BSI and AK stamped on it. The metal channel is 9/16" wide x 5/8" depth. The bottom plastic guide is 7/8" depth x 15/16" wide at the tabs. The top channel extends 3/4" above metal channel and is also 15/16" wide at the tabs.

Can you help?
Thanks
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Hey, thanks for posting. I've narrowed this down to two possible channel balance Series: either our Series 380 or our Series 385 balances.

Now, as you can see, there is only one difference between these two Series, and that is their bottom shoe. The Series 380 uses the 15-005 while the Series 385 uses the 15-004. I can't quite tell what you have based on your pictures, though. Please carefully compare their dimensions to your own hardware and see which is a better match.
15-004 and 15-005
I'm not sure about your balance stamp, either. 2306 is weird. What is the weight of the window sash?
A contractor from Florida says:
The weight on the sash is 29 pounds. The 15-005 is closer in dimension to my present fitting but the depth on mine is 7/8" while yours is 1".
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thank you! The 15-005 is actually 15/16" wide, wing-to-wing. It's close enough to 7/8" that I'd guess your own shoe is simply worn down with age. I've never heard of a shoe in this style that is 7/8" wide off the factory floor.

We can make this balance for you, but based on your weight it will have to be custom made. We do not have a standard stamp option that can support 29 pounds. Check out this Custom Channel Balance Request Form I've started for you based on your specifications and fill out the rest of the information. One of our representatives will get back to you with a price quote and an item to add to your cart.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)