Balance Coil Replacements Needed

A quick learner from Ypsilanti, MI says:
I have attached pictures of what coils need replacing in each window. The windows are are vinyl, single sash,double pane windows. Two of them are 22w x 29h and two are 33w x 29h. The Series 140 look like they will do the job for both windows, assuming I get the double coil for the larger window? Do I order left and right coils?

Thanks for your help
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Note, in the post with pictures, that the double coils for the 33w x 29h window sash are located at top of window so I assume the coil spring needs to be long enough to reach the lower sash.
The 22w x 29h sash weighs 12 lbs.

The 33w x 29h sash weighs 19 lbs.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
The Series 140 would be an easy solution, but I'm not sure if they'll work in your windows. Can you show me a picture of the pivot bar that inserts into the shoe? That will help me determine if it can work with the Series 140 balance.
Attached is pivot bar picture with dimensions.
User submitted a photo of a pivot bar.
In addition to the previous post picture, note that the pivot bar is rectangular in shape: .2 inches high and .3 inches wide.
Profile picture of Paul
Thank you! Yes, I believe that pivot bar will work with out Series 140 coil balance. For the 12 pound sash, I recommend our S140-7, and for the 19 pound sash I recommend our S140-10. Please just make sure you have enough room in the jamb track to fit these balance systems!
A quick learner from Ypsillanti says:
The larger window 33w x 29h, had the coils mounted at the top for some reason(see picture). This required a coil that is about 54 inches long. Will the S140-10 coils be long enough to work from there, or can I just mount them lower and still have full window operation?
Profile picture of Paul
The travel is about 35", so I would mount the Series 140 near the middle of the window.
A quick learner from Ypsilanti says:
I just wanted to thank Paul for his assistance in determining the correct balance coils for my windows. I installed them without too much trouble today and the windows are operating much better. Your friendly and timely assistance means I will always turn to SWISCO first for any future hardware needs.
Profile picture of Paul
Oh, that's great news! Thank you for your order, and for letting us know how it worked out. If you need anything in the future, I'd be more than happy to assist you.
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.