SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Balance ID

A home owner from USA says:
Hi, I am trying to buy 2 replacement window channel balances. Both of the window channel balances on my window broke. It is 1/2 inch wide. It is 22.5 inches long. That is the length of the metal part of the w.c.b. The problem is your website does not sell 22.5 inch w.c.b. "B.S.I." and "2140" are engraved on the side of w.c.b. I looked at:


The top attachment and shoe attachment on the broken ones I have resemble either the series 351 or series 390. I honestly have no clue what I am supposed to buy. If you could point me in the right direction, that would be great. Thank.

Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Hey, Chase. There is only one difference between these two Series, and that is their bottom shoe. The Series 351 uses the 15-002 while the Series 390 uses the 15-001. I can't quite tell what you have based on your pictures, though. Please carefully compare their dimensions to your own hardware and see which is a better match.
15-001 and 15-002
A friend from USA says:
Thanks for the response Tom. This may sound crazy but is it possible to replace just the string on the balance? Only the string is broken on my balance. If yes, do you sell that particular string that's used in window channel balances?

Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Unfortunately, we do not recommend replacing the springs, and we do not sell them. Balances are very delicate systems and the pulleys need to be calibrated just right for them to work properly.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)