Balance Question

A home owner from Cape Coral says:
I just replaced the channel balances on one side of my duplex with your S395-30 : 30" Series 395 Channel Balance. Before I ordered I actually removed the window and weighed it, 25 pounds so I ordered the 2940 model. The window Lifts up very easy but going down takes a little more push. No big problem, I'll keep it but now I want to replace them on the other side of the duplex, same exact window. My question is, should I order the 2930 or the 2950 in order for it to go down with a little less push?
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
I would have gone with the 2940 option, too, based on your sash weight. You could consider the 2930, which is a little weaker, but I wouldn't go any lower. I also wouldn't go with the 2950, as that would make it even harder to close.
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.