SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Balance Rod

A handy person from Yulee,Fl says:
I have Kinco windows in our home. We have a few balance rods that have broke or do not work the way they should. the balance rod is 25 inches long with a string hook on the bottom. The only markings on the rod is 2440 in tinny letters BSI. Similar to the 62FC-25D-60518.It would not hurt to replace the 2 Tie Bar Guide or Pivot Shoe code 15-105
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Could I see a few pictures of the balance? I would like to see both ends as well as the hook at the end of the pulley string. Can you also tell me the thickness and width of the metal channel? Thanks!
A quick learner from Yulee,FL says:
channel is 1/2" wide and 9/16s high and 25" long it is U shaped
User submitted photos of a window balance.
A handy person from Yulee,FL says:
Balance is 1/2" wide and 9/16- 19/32s high and 25" long. It has a hook similar to 62-105.
A handy person from Yulee,FL says:
Balance is 1/2" wide and 9/16- 19/32s high and 25" long. It has a hook similar to 62-105.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for the images. I recognize this balance. While it is not one of our standard Series, we can specially make it for you. Check out this Custom Channel Balance Order Form that I've started for you and fill out the blank fields. Once you've submitted the form, one of our representatives will get back to you with a price quote and an item to add to your cart.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)