SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Balance Springs for Certainteed Windows

A home owner from Blue Bell, PA says:
Sir\Madam:

I have a CertainTeed Bryn Mawr style window that won't stay up. Appears that the balance springs are broken on both sides (or in both tracks). Was not able to attach pictures, but I have them. The overall window size is 35 in x 31 in. The window itself is 31-1/2 in x 27-5/8 inch. Do you have these in stock? And what size or part number do I need. I noticed on you site that the balance springs are identified as 1 lbs., 2 lbs., etc.
Can I come down to Camden and pick up the parts in person? Thanks in advance for any response.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting. I have received your pictures, but I'm having a bit of trouble identifying your balances. Can you remove the sash and show me a clear picture of the pivot shoe? That will help us identify the rest of the hardware.

I'm afraid you cannot pick up hardware from our Camden facility, but you can order any hardware you're interested in directly from our site.
A home owner from Blue Bell, PA says:
Tom:

Are you saying to remove the white block shown in the attached photo and get a better photo? I know the springs failed since they dropped down to the bottom of the tracks of the window frame. Just not sure which balance springs to order from SWISCO.

Thanks.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
The picture you're showing us is just the cover that fits over the coils. What I need to see is the pivot shoe that the coils attach to at the bottom. It is currently obscured by your sash. You'll need to remove the sash so we can see it. I recommend watching the video below for more information.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)