Balance channel

A home owner from San Antonio says:
27 4 BX CMC 7

1/2" channel 28" long
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting. Sounds like you have a 27" block & tackle balance with a stamp option of 2640. I'm afraid that's all I can tell based on your information, though. Now you just need to pick out the top and bottom fittings in order to determine the Series.

I recommend that you look at our Channel Balance Home Page and follow the steps in order to find the Series that best matches what you have.
I'm sorry. I should've been more specific. I have a broken non-tilt window channel. The metal part measures 28" long and 1/2" (9/16") wide. The only visible markings are on the back -- "27 4 BX CMC 7".

The best I can tell is the top fitting looks like your part "19-005".

The bottom fitting looks like either "15-001", "15-002", or "15-003". The depth of my bottom fitting measures 1 3/16".

Your Series 395 looks the closest to mine, but I don't know the depth dimension of the bottom fitting "15-001".

Thank you.
Correction. The depth of the bottom fitting is 1 3/32".
Profile picture of Tom
If the depth of your bottom fitting is 1-3/32", then our 15-001 is likely the right match. I would agree to start with our Series 395 channel balance.
I want to give you a feedback.

I ordered two channel balance to replace both. The upper and lower fittings were essentially identical in depth even though the "shape" of the lower fitting was slightly different.

The package arrived quickly and well packaged. Your shipping cost was also the most reasonable of the suppliers I researched online. You responded to my questions promptly.

The fit was about as perfect as I could've hoped. The replacement processes couldn't have been simpler after watching a few YouTube videos.

I am very pleased. I will use you again in the future.

Regards,

Keven
Profile picture of Tom
Awesome, glad to hear it all worked. Let me know if you have any other questions, Keven!
How to Replace a Channel Balance Attachment
How to Replace a Channel Balance Attachment
VIDEO
WATCH >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.